Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Emotional Choices

Paulina Cassidy created the lovely Joie de Vivre Tarot (U.S. Games, 2011) her second tarot after the well-received Paulina.  She also has an oracle deck out soon called Witchlings, which looks rather fun ;)

Today's card is the Seven of Cups.  I really like the way that her dress resembles sea-foam, and yet there are bats decorating it, too.  Perhaps this says something about the way we perceive the choices offered to us in this card - we can be washed away by the emotions they provoke, or try to see beyond the surface using our intuition as a guide.  And what of those choices?  From inside flowers five birds poke out their heads, offering a heart, a star, a letter, a cherry and a musical note.  Two more flowers contain a snake and a little ant or insect.  The woman looks like she's trying to choose between the cherry, the stalk to which is held in her right hand, or the heart towards which she looks and reaches with her left hand.  Still, perhaps she should take some more time to consider the other options, too...

For me today, though, I think the message is not to get entranced by the many things on offer, and just keep my focus - I need to work some more on my essay, it's getting urgent that I finish it. 

I am grateful for the clarity of knowing what I need to choose.

2 comments:

  1. So far I like several of this deck's versions of cards. For instance, this is not one of my favorite cards (7 of Cups) but I like this version pretty well. I also liked the 5 of Pentacles.

    Good luck finishing your essay. I'm sure you'll do a bang-up job.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Yes, this deck has a playfulness that I really enjoy, though I'm not 100% sure about all the cards.

    As for the essay, while I knew what I should do, I wasn't great at actually doing it :( I read a few blogs, surfed FaceBook, and bought a baby gift for a friend for some of the time I should have been working on the essay *hangs head in shame*

    I have til Monday to finish it, so you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend :/

    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete