Thursday, 10 November 2011

On Manifestation

Today's card from the Steele Wizard Tarot is the Magician.

There are some unusual aspects to this image which I rather like.  While maintaining the idea of drawing down energy for manifestation, here that energy is visible in the form of little glowing stars.  These pour forth from the Magician's upraised hand, and flow down into the pentacle-decorated cup he holds in his left hand.  The active, dynamic suit emblems are present, but tucked away: a sword in his belt and a crystal-topped wand resting in the crook of his elbow.  He doesn't need them, because their energy is manifest in him.  However, he does use the passive suit emblems, the cup and pentacle, to gather that energy, suggesting the necessity of balance to actually manifest.  Active energy takes form in the passive receptacle.

I also really like that here the lemniscate is part of a headband he wears - connecting this symbol of infinity with his third eye.  Infinite manifestation comes from a clear connection with spirit.

Today I return home.  As Picard would say: "Make it so."


I am grateful for the ability to create a life I love, and for the reminder that balance is vital in that process: if I didn't go away, I wouldn't appreciate being home; if I didn't work, I wouldn't appreciate the quiet times.

4 comments:

  1. Plus he's got long hair. Hubba, hubba. Not that I would base an opinion of someone merely on the basis of appearance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!!

    OHHhhhhh my gosh. I am such a Trekkie that I loved your Picard reference. Goodness gracious, that made my morning.

    This is an unusual image. Is it OK that I briefly saw it as a deodorant advertisement? I guess I'm weird...

    I hope the homecoming is a good one and you're able to get a moment's rest before doing something else major. When does all this chaos end? Or at least slow down a touch?

    Big Old Hugs!
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Woley,

    Well, at least you're. In good company liking long-haired men. And I'm sure you would dump one if, no matter how handsome, he was a total jerk. So, not just appearances ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya MM,

    Ok, the deodorant ad thing is a little weird :)

    As for the chaos, no more travel plans this year. Just essay madness from here to December 12th, then Christmas madness and Big Boy's birthday on 2nd Jan. Then I shall curl up in a ball and hibernate! Or not ;)

    Medium middle-aged hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete