Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Queen Brown Bear

One of the things I really like about Pamela Steele's Steele Wizard Tarot is that the kings and queens are accompanied by animals.  I find this adds another layer to these cards.  And, interestingly, in the Queen of Pentacles we find the bear, which is also the Queen of Stones in the Wildwood Tarot :)

Dressed in red, colour of the base chakra and associated with security and connection to the physical world, as well as to our ancestors, this queen is family-oriented and also practical.  While she enjoys home comforts and life's luxuries, she also knows how to make the most of whatever life offers her, and will put her children ahead of her own pleasures, as well as defending them in whatever way seems necessary.  Clearly, though, you don't have to be female or have actual children to channel this energy. 

What does this have to do with my day?  I will be working all day, and certainly a focus on the practical is called for.  Perhaps, too, a willingness to defend the rights of those I value, and to support others who work hard and deserve a boost, as Christmas bonuses will be discussed.  There may be an acknowledgement here, too, that I am missing my Dear One and Big Boy, but I'll be home again tomorrow.

I am grateful for reminders of how fortunate I am: with family I love and a job that keeps the roof over our heads and food on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment