Thursday, 24 November 2011

Second Postal Surprise

So, just minutes ago the postman dropped this item through my door:


I wondered, "What can it be?"  When I saw it was from Llewellyn I was even more confused. "I'm sure I haven't ordered anything from them that would have to be rolled" I thought.  Then I saw the sender's name - Barbara Moore - and I gave a little squeal!

A while back, Babs ran a Steampunk Competition through her Steampunk Tarot website, offering one lucky reader the chance to get their hands on a prototype deck, five or six months ahead of the official launch.  I took part in the competition, though I wasn't lucky enough to win.  However, after the fact Babs announced that everyone who entered would win a consolation prize, and asked us to name our favourite card.  I said the High Priestess.  And so, this lovely lady lay inside the Llewellyn parcel:

High Priestess - Steampunk Tarot

Isn't she gorgeous?  And what an outfit!  Has something of a trickster air to her, too, I'd say: don't expect her to share all her secrets.  I love the glowing crystal ball, the cards on the blue cloth, and the wheels and cogs in the background :)  The image is about 26 x 46 cms (10 x 18 inches for you non-metric people).  I'm going to get her framed, and will post when it's done (may take me a while, essays and Christmas being current priorities).

So, a huge thank you to Barbara!  And I can't wait for the deck to come out...

6 comments:

  1. Lovely - such a nice surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's amazing! So very happy for you!! And quite thrilled to see what the Priestess card looks like! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viv,

    Yes, I was delighted. The way the post is from the States, I'd pretty much forgotten about it :)

    Hi Robin,

    Have to say, I am really looking forward to this deck! Delighted by this print, too ;)

    I should have thought to ask: which card would you have chosen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! Congrats on your winning and postal surprises. :) You deserve something fun and relaxing after all the chaos.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MM,

    Well, the chaos isn't quite over yet - final essay due 12th December. Still, this was a lovely treat and provided a great break in the day.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Chloë! Love the image :)

    ReplyDelete