Saturday, 26 November 2011

Tree House

This week I have decided to draw from Lo Scarabeo's Wheel of the Year Tarot (2011).  This deck is authored by Maria Caratti and illustrated by Antonella Platano.  I've had it for a while, and done quite a lot of readings for both myself and clients with it.  For me, it's definitely a working deck, despite its cartoon-like qualities.  I like the fact that it is RWS-based, but with a distinctly pagan feel, and playful, vibrant images.

Today's card is the Four of Wands.  I find it interesting the way the deck's creators have chosen to frame the image with four wands, to supplement the imagery, but also giving the card a different feel.  To me, it makes it seem more story-like - a picture that mom might hang on the wall of the home as a reminder of a beautiful moment between daughter and father.  Which just adds to the idea of making something together - not just the tree house, but a home and family that includes the person who "took" the picture.  I know it's not photographic, but that's still the sense that I get from this card :)

While I still have plenty to go before I finish my essay, today I will also be taking some family time to enjoy Big Boy and my Dear One.  Since I was away for a few days a couple of weeks ago, Big Boy wants to sit on my lap whenever possible.  Still, Daddy is sooo much more fun than Mummy, so BB plays with dad while sitting on me!  Oh, the joys of being a beloved seat ;)  I guess, though, it makes me the foundation on which he builds his sense of fun and exploration, and that's a pretty good thing, too.


I am grateful for the simple pleasures of family games and togetherness.

No comments:

Post a Comment