Sunday, 27 November 2011

The Wheel of the Year

Well, I guess this is a case of wheels within wheels ;) The Wheel of the Year Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2011) shows different seasons in each of the suits of the Minor Arcana.  Meanwhile, Majors are attributed according to what season, or mix of seasons, fits best according to the author.

Today's card, then, is X - The Wheel, and shows all the turns of the yearly seasons.  A perfect reminder that change is a constant, life doesn't stop, and we need to accept and appreciate the cycles of life.  Perhaps, too, a suggestion to enjoy wherever you are on the wheel - each season has its own charms and delights, as well as pitfalls and difficulties.

My MIL is coming for a visit today.  She's someone I get on well with, and value.  Sadly, she's been through quite a lot recently, so I hope this card indicates that things are beginning to change for her, bringing renewed joy even as the weather here grows colder and the nights longer.  Likewise, I am looking forward to a new part of my life beginning once my last essay is out of the way.

I am grateful for the variety of life, and for the potential for change and a new set of challenges and possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a nice MIL. :) That's a wonderful thing. I bet she'll find your presence comforting and fun. I hope things improve for her ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Yeah, I'm glad my MIL is nice, too. My previous partner's mum was a right bitch!

    Anyhow, looks like things are taking a turn for the better :)

    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete