Saturday, 17 December 2011

The Call of the Wild

This week I will be drawing from the recently released Cat's Eye Tarot (U.S. Games, 2011).  I've been waiting impatiently for this deck since I first saw images of it on Aeclectic back in 2006!  It's been a long time coming, but definitely worth the wait :)  And I was fortunate enough to join a group order through TABI, so we got the deck for a very good price - another perk of this lovely organisation.

So, for this first draw we meet the Lovers.  Two beautiful, fluffy tabby cats sit cosily together indoors.  However, the tom has his eye on a cute little black cat outside.

All about choices, then!  Do we choose love, even if it sometimes involves mundane and run-of-the-mill everyday stuff?  Or do we choose passion and adventure?  Of course, this isn't just about relationships.  It might be that we face a choice between playing it safe in a job we know, or taking a risk with a career change, or just a new employer.  Or maybe we need to choose between sticking to a diet we know or radically changing the way we eat.

For me, today my choice seems to be between doing what I know I should do - Christmas shopping, writing and posting Christmas cards, wrapping presents - and what I'd like to do - finish my book!  I think today the call of duty is stronger, but I may manage a chapter or two ;)


I am grateful for the reminder that there are many kinds of love in this world - love for our near and dear ones, love for ourselves, love for cats and tarot decks :D

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog entry! As you know, I love this deck. I like that you detailed some of the types of choices that this card could represent. With the Majors, I do think it's important to consider whether we need to make a choice about something at a higher spiritual level. We may need to think about where our values lie and how our choices can reflect those values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zanna,

    Yes, I enjoyed your review, as well as the interview your cats did with the deck ;) I agree, it's easy to just see this card as being about luck in love, but there is so much more to it. Thinking about what we choose and why is important. And then of course our values and the choices they lead us to will also affect our love relationships, so we're back full circle :)

    ReplyDelete