Monday, 30 January 2012

Enoch

In the Watcher Angel Tarot (SpiralFire Studio, 2010) all the Majors are associated with the Mythos from the Book of Enoch,.  In today's card we meet with Enoch himself, as he is carried up to heaven to meet with God.

This card is traditionally associated with forward movement, with taking charge of your life, as well as needing to balance different forces within yourself to do so.  The story of Enoch's ascension to heaven seems to run counter to this - being lifted up by an angel.  And yet, there is a reason that he was chosen for this role.  Enoch was ready to witness what he did, to play his given role.  This makes me think of the idea that, when we are ready, what we need will manifest to help us move forward.

So, what do I need today?  The sarcastic part of me answers "To get a clue" and "All the help I can get".  Perhaps, says the kinder part of my self, I need someone to show confidence in me, that I can do what I have set my mind to.  Unless you're a total narcissist, other people's opinons do matter, affecting our own.  Having someone believe in us helps us to believe in ourselves.   Today I will pledge to allow the Universe to help and support me to achieve my goals.

I am grateful for the help of Spirit.

2 comments:

  1. Aww--you definitely have a clue!

    I know what you mean about being hard on oneself. It's such an easy thing to do. It's harder to suspend judgment on ourselves and see, with help, how things unfold.

    I'm very, very slowly learning this lesson of prioritizing things in my life, emotionally and also practically-speaking, so that I don't feel like I'm a loser or drowning in my own fear and incompetency.

    I have been affirming to myself that I'm not between a rock and a hard place--but rather between two soft places because there are always choices, even if they aren't easy. As an Aries, I often prefer firmer choices. Sometimes not having a concrete or well thought out plan is the most painful thing of all!!

    Here's hoping for soft landings and good support!

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Glad to hear you're learning this lesson, however slowly: there's hope for me yet ;)

    I know what you mean about liking to have clear-cut choices, but if we can just go with the flow...

    Soft, supportive hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete