Sunday, 15 January 2012

Orlando

I find today's card from Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions a little confusing.

While the person has obvious (though subtle) breasts and long hair, their chin looks like it is stubbled.  The butterflies released from a cage suggest breaking out of old ways of being, and transformation.  Is this meant to be a nod to Orlando

I notice, too, the chess set with just the Red King left on the board, checkmated.  When there is nowhere left to go, perhaps we need to think outside the box?

Finally, there is the little kitten, gazing in wonder at the yellow butterfly flitting above.  There is joy in transformation, as well as necessity.  The person, too, gazes at the butterfly, flying free.  Perhaps they do not feel that same freedom to be themselves, fully and without question.

Today is a quiet day for me, not many obvious opportunities for self-questioning and transformation.  Still, I feel like I'm in an on-going process of digesting the Tower situation on Thursday.  It's mainly in terms of questioning my beliefs again, though this time around what it means to be a mother.

I am grateful for the opportunity to transform my perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment