Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Tophat and T-Shirt

After yesterday's Queen, today we get the King of Pentacles from the Steampunk Tarot (Drengsen, 2010).

I quite like this cheerful chap's expression.  There is a certain droll challenge in his look, and a jaunty tilt to his tophat.  He holds his golden roulette wheel nonchalantly, yet at the centre of his chest.  The wallpaper behind him is opulent, very colonial.  I do wonder, though, at the fact he is wearing a t-shirt under his jacket.  Perhaps this points to this King enjoying the finer things in life, yet also prioritising his own comfort.

Today I hope to have some time for myself, after a couple of days taken up with work, study, and Big Boy being ill and having doctor's appointments.  However, I see instead the need to get some practical matters dealt with - organising some work and household matters for the coming month.  Like the King of Pentacles, I need to take charge of the day-to-day, in order to earn my roulette wheel and be able to lounge around in my t-shirt ;)

I am grateful for the ability to be organised when I need to, and for the joys of modern software that helps in the task.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you were able to balance comfort and practical chore-like stuff.

    I for one spent the day out and about with a nasty sinus headache (ugh, have to start my sinus survival protocol sooner rather than later)--only to find I had to go out again because there was a late house showing. I drove around in a daze for an hour with Pele, then popped into a store, ran home. I am going to try to go to bed early tonight.

    I send you well-wishes for a happy Thursday. I will be glad if I get through it! Pele's dental appointment. Should be a madhouse of laughing gas but hopefully minimal tears...

    Mellow Thursday Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Sorry to hear you had to be out so much when you'd probably have rather curled up at home :( I went out for a client who never showed up :/ Oh well, at least it gave me time to catch up on some other work...

    Hope yesterday went well, I shall come check your blog out now :)

    Fantastic Friday Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete