Thursday, 5 January 2012

Transforming Teamwork

I’m not quite sure what to make of today’s card from the Tarot of Metamorphosis

In traditional Six of Wands cards we see someone being feted for their success.  The fact that there is generally a group around them is often taken as indicating that team work is needed, and should perhaps be appreciated, rather than just basking in the joy of individual achievement.  I guess there is a touch of that here in the fact of two figures back-to-back - acting as mutual support in the creation of something bigger than either of them alone.  I notice the strange butterfly figure in the water below them, too, speaking of transformation and perhaps of being inspired by larger-than-life figures.

Today will certainly require teamwork from us - we're going on a family trip to visit relatives in Germany.  Tomorrow, my step-grandmother celebrates her birthday, and there'll be 40 or so people there.  For today, though, what it means is a flight to Germany and then a two-and-a-half hour drive.  Not the most fun at the best of times, and travelling with a four year old who doesn't like flying and is prone to tantrums definitely doesn't count as the best of times.  Still, I've been preparing for several days, and hopefully have all we need to keep him cheerful and distracted.  My Dear One plays his part, managing the heavy lifting, and the actual packing of the suitcase, after I decide what to take.  He used to be a Boy Scout, and is adept at fitting things in.  As for Big Boy, his role is as team motivator, I guess ;)  And once we're there, various family members will hopefully help out with keeping him amused while we unpack and prepare everything...

I am grateful for all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment