Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Waspish Page

Hmm, maybe there's also a bit of the horror genre in this deck.  Certainly, today's card from the Tarot of Metamorphosis gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Like a weird cross between Mary Poppins and some horror movie (can't think of the name, I don't tend to watch them, but I'm sure there was one like this), this Page of Swords takes flight, dissolving into his constituent wasp parts.  There is certainly a sting in the tail of this Page, and I can imagine his comments being sharp - lots of small, pointed quips that hurt. 

On the up-side, I guess he doesn't see truth as a single thing, being open to numerous perspectives.  Also, he allows his ideas to raise him up, taking flight on a whim and a dream.

Today it's back to work for me, both seeing clients and reading for my dissertation.  However, this Page's umbrella makes me think of a novel that should arrive later today that I'd love to get stuck into.  Recommended by Barbara Moore last summer, it looks fun - Soulless: The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger.  Definitely one I could get transported by :)

I am grateful for the wealth of ideas and books in the world.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that image is PERFECT for the first day back to work after the hols! Hope it went well and that you get to enjoy your novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Well, the novel is sitting on the table tempting me, but I haven't had a chance to start it :( Still, it's all about choices, as I have read a few blogs and some posts on FaceBook ;) Hope you're enjoying being home, too!

    ReplyDelete