Sunday, 5 February 2012

Corn Woman

I love it when synchronicities happen.  Today's card from the Goddess Oracle (U.S. Games, 2006) also came up in my vlog reading for the week, as the action to take :)

Still, as I look at Corn Woman today, what I see is something different.  Instead of speaking to me of eating superfoods, I notice the four colours behind her, indicative of the Native American Medicine Wheel.  The colours represent the four elements, and balancing them is part of what we need to be properly nourished.  This says, then, something about nourishment not being just about nutrients, but about balancing all aspects of the eating experience, and of our life.  Who we eat with, and how happy or stressed we are when we eat, also contribute to how much or little nourishment we receive from our food.  Nourishment, in this view, is not just about what we eat, but about nourishing our souls.

I have some issues with food: about what I eat and what Big Boy doesn't eat.  So today I shall try to focus on other ways that we nourish ourselves: through song and play and cuddles.  Maybe if we get those right, the other will be easier.

I am grateful for spiritual nourishment.

2 comments:

  1. I am the worst when it comes to thinking beyond the food. To me eating is just something I do to stay alive and I resent the time it takes to prepare and eat a meal. Foolish Foolish, but at this late date I doubt I'll ever change. I'll work on it with you, just for today. We can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharyn,

    I find it sad just how many ways we humans have come up with to not appreciate our food properly - eating too much or too little, resenting it, obsessing about it... Hope today you were able to eat mindfully and without resentment :) As for me, I managed well on focusing on other forms of nourishment, but food was still an issue. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete