Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Fiery Zealot

Rather less full of fire and energy than many, today the Knight of Wands from the Vampire's Tarot of the Eternal Night (Lo Scarabeo, 2009) comes riding onto our screens.

Although not charging head-long into anything, his eyes glow a fiery red inside his dark hood, and he doesn't seem static as he sits astride his steed.  Behind him, a full moon gleams in a cloudy sky, and mist swirls around him.  He holds the reins to his horse calmly, riding with confidence.

I like the symbols Lo Scarabeo used on this deck to denote the different Court positions.  Kings and Queens have stylised busts, Pages have bats, and the Knights have roaring lions.  These certainly express the dynamic, proud energy of the Knights.

This card speaks to me of a powerful drive to push forward: those glowing eyes in particular seem to show his intent and focus, ready to burn holes in anyone who gets in his way.  And perhaps he needs that intensity to ride so calmly through a stormy, misty night.  He feels like a warrior guarding some mystery, riding the perimeter with eyes peeled for any threat to what he protects, ever vigilant.  He also has the look of a zealot, willing to do whatever it takes for the cause he believes in.

Today I shall be aware of any tendency to rush into things, enthusiastic but perhaps overzealous.  Spontaneity and creativity are good, but it's also important to act responsibly and think of others.


I am grateful for feeling energetic and impassioned.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that if this card showed up in one of my readings I'd be kinda scared! That's one frightening Knight of Wands! But I liked your positive take on it... he does look like he won't allow anything to stand between him and what he seeks. A very powerful impulse indeed.

    I just wouldn't like to meet him in the middle of the night, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    I have to agree I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley! Nor even in a well-lit bar - creepy :) Still, challenging that focus and passion can be good...

    ReplyDelete