Sunday, 19 February 2012

Satisfied With Less

I really like today's image from the Tokens of Light by Orna Ben-Shoshan!

A man tends a giant flower, taking care as he drips something in amongst the stamen.  I see in this image someone putting focus into something, even if others might not see its importance.  It's about doing your best no matter what you're doing, which is satisfying in itself: knowing you gave your all, rather than just coasting; knowing you made the world better, even if only in a small way.

According to Orna, this card is the first connected to the Hebrew letter Yod, and associated with Virgo, the element of Earth, and the Hermit card, which makes a lot of sense to me.  The sentence in her interpretation which most stands out for me is: "strengthen others and do for society, maintain high values and retain for yourself only what is necessary."

Today I shall focus on others, on my Dear One and Big Boy and the cats.  I shall do my best, whatever I am doing.  First thing, though, is that I need to do a bit of caring for myself - with just over four hours sleep, that's my priority.


I am grateful it's Sunday and I can go back to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonkers,

    She has quite a few decks, not just these cute little tokens, but regular sized cards, too. The art is similar though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were able to go back and get more sleep! My husband let me sleep in a bit the past two mornings. I can't seem to stop waking at night. Oy.

    I like these cards--they're really unique. I can't quite imagine how they'd read but it seems like they'd read well from what I see!

    Hugs and High-Fives,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MM,

    I did manage to sleep more, though then I got up to find we had a surprise visit from my MIL - which my Dear One had entirely forgotten about! Fortunately, I like her a lot, and was able to pop out for some stuff for lunch. So perhaps that was part of the doing for others :)

    I think these Tokens read quite well - have you seen the video reading I did with them? And I think the video review shows them quite nicely, in terms of size and the fact that they have the keywords on the back (so you're not just left with nothing but the image). Still, not trying to enable or anything ;)

    Soporific hugs to help you sleep better,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete