Thursday, 2 February 2012

A Visionary?

As we approach the end of the week, the Watcher Angel Tarot (SpiralFire Studio, 2010) gives us another Court card to examine.

This time it is the turn of the King of Wands, subtitled The Visionary.  There's something about his pose that I don't like, it seems indecorous and arrogant.  All that fiery power and authority, and he treats it so casually.

Yet the keyword gives quite a different, far more positive, perspective on this King.  He is someone with vision: he wields power because others have seen that his ideas work, and that he is confident leading them.

Perhaps I am only uncomfortable with this image because it feels so far from my own experience.  I prefer to work freelance because I dislike others having authority over me, and definitely don't want to be the boss either.

My Dear One can sometimes be a bit of a moral absolutist, and that's something I see in this card, also. So, perhaps today this card is about acknowledging his point of view, accepting that it's how he deals with things, and then figuring out how I can make things okay for me, too.


I am grateful for a man who, while absolutist, is also loving and supportive.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet post. :)

    You know, I can't help but think that there's something pervy about this image. Can't you just imagine lifting that toga? :)

    Lol,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    I have to say, it looks too much like he wants to have his toga lifted - I find him rather arrogant-looking and off-putting. Still, I agree that there's a lot of sexual energy in the card. I see him as more of an arrogant pr**k than a bold leader, but I guess arrogance and confidence are close companions, and wielding authority and being a good leader may go hand-in-hand with either of them.

    Hope your day had some of the positives of this card's energy ;)

    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laugh!

    Hilarious. So true. He does look like an arrogant prick! Oh dear. Hrmm--actually come to think of it there were some...ermm...parallel's to this evening's energy.

    Though not the arrogance part.

    Friday Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm so glad to hear that there was some parallel energy for your evening ;D

    Friday Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete