Friday, 23 March 2012

Fradella Choices

For this last day with the Fradella Adventure Tarot (U.S. Games, 2002), I have drawn the Two of Swords.

A woman kneels, two wavy daggers held in either hand, her arms crossed and her feet likewise.  She has raven-black hair, suggesting Asian origins, and the room she is in makes me think of Japan - simple, minimalist, possibly paper walls, the only visible furnishing a cushion on the floor.  Outside, a pool is encircled by trees, and a quarter moon shows in the sky, waning.

My sense here is of tying yourself up in knots through your own thoughts and doubts.  That being said, it feels like there's a great potential for decisive action, once that uncertainty is overcome.  The pool suggests that it is through connecting with our emotions that we can move beyond our confused thoughts.  Perhaps, too, it is simply a question that the time is not yet right - once the dark of the moon arrives, new movement will become possible...

For me, this card is about my Masters thesis.  I have been humming and ha-ing about what to do and how to do it.  I now have quite a clear plan, and yet I have no passion for it.  I'm not sure what it is that is tying my thoughts and my energy up.  I guess I need to meditate on it, allow my heart to speak in the silence.

I am grateful for choices, and the wisdom to know when the time is not right to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment