Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Queen of Blades

Today we meet one of the Court Cards from the Fradella Adventure Tarot (U.S. Games, 2002).

This Queen of Blades (Swords) is beautiful, but also wise.  She holds one arm out to a snowy white owl who brings messages to help guide her choices, while in the other hand she holds a blade-tipped spear, symbol of her authority and ability to make decisions.  She wears a (rather revealing) purple dress, colour of spiritual wisdom.  Sitting in a colonnaded structure, she makes me think of an amazon queen, as portrayed in films from the sixties and seventies. 

Altogether, I see decisiveness tempered with wisdom and kindness, an ability to listen, and a willingness to help those around her.  This is a far more pleasant face to the Queen of Swords than we often see, highlighting her good qualities, rather than focusing on the sharpness of her tongue or her embitteredness.

Big Boy is ill again, so I hope the Queen of Blades' energy will help me decide what to do: go to the doctor or not; try some alternative remedies; simply weather the storm?

I am grateful for messages from spirit, which buoy my soul even if they don't answer all my concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment