Monday, 26 March 2012

Rage

What a very dark and forceful card for a sunny Monday morning!  Today we meet the Prince (Knight) of Swords from the Maat Tarot (Julie Cuccia-Watts, 2006).

Although he may be well-built, I can't say I'd like to meet him much!  This Prince is cutting in the extreme, quick to anger and rather vengeful.  If he feels he has been slighted, or his ideas challenged, he can easily explode.  And he has a cruelty to him that I find scary.  He has clearly been hurt himself, but rather than learning compassion from his pain, he has learnt only aggressiveness and rage. 

This is quite a negative take on the Knight of Swords, who I would traditionally see as someone who leaps in where angels fear to tread.  Bounding ahead with his ideas and judgements, he is commonly impatient, but not necessarily cruel or vengeful.  On the positive side, he is someone who is full of ideas, and not shy about sharing them.  He can also be a great protector due to his willingness to jump into even challenging situations at the drop of a hat.

Today, I have quite a few things I need to write.  So, I hope I can draw on the positive side of this Prince, with his flowing source of creative ideas.  I may have to take the time to edit them later, though, as that isn't really his forte :)

I am grateful for times of boldness and lightning-quick thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment