Tuesday, 20 March 2012

What Super Power?

Yesterday, for the Ostara Tarot Blog Hop, Arwen of Tarot by Arwen wrote about having the super power to trail flowers wherever you go :)  Bizarre super powers definitely come to mind with today's card from the Fradella Adventure Tarot (U.S. Games, 2002)!

This mini, green superhero flies up, lifting two dragon-fly decorated golden orbs.  Are these super-high-tech flower pollinators?  Or insect repellant?  Or at a more complex level do they symbolise the balance required for an ecosystem to work; the many variables from sun to rain, to plant and animal life, with nutrients and the vagaries of butterfly's wings thrown into the mix?

Today, I need to balance work and play.  I haven't yet had the chance to read all the Tarot Blog Hop posts, and I want to.  Still, clients call, as does a deadline for some work I need to do before Easter...

I am grateful for the ability to claim some time for myself.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I still like the idea of trailing flowers where ever I go. Great take on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit it would be a pretty cute superpower ;) Still, what about the image of spreading life wherever your feet touched the earth? Growing plants of all kinds, a richness to the soil, a springing forth of animals and insects - a true green warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's lovely, Chloe. However, with my fear of bugs, I'd be moving pretty fast. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least that way you'd spread the joy faster ;D

    ReplyDelete