Saturday, 17 March 2012

Young Hermit

This week I will be drawing from the Fradella Adventure Tarot (U.S. Games, 2002).  Although it's been out for nearly a decade now, it's still widely available, and a really fun, quite masculine deck.

For this first draw, the Hermit comes to visit.  What I notice about him above all is that he is young, quite different from the traditional "wise old man" archetype.  He makes me think of a Kung Fu hero, a Shaolin monk in the Tibetan mountains.  He walks far and wide, alone, but not holed up in a cave far from civilization.  Instead, he is part of the natural world and does not shun others, being apart from them but not distant.

Today, with my Dear One away, I too shall walk alone.  I hope to have some time to work on a few projects - Big Boy has a play group to go to :)  As for the learning aspect of the Hermit, I see this being about looking inward - a few readings perhaps...


I am grateful for time to myself.

4 comments:

  1. I see him as holding up the Star that others are seeking. He's found it. Now he stands as a guide for others to find their own way. He won't go get them, but he will offer them the encouragement that others have done it--so can they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that interpretation, Arwen! Offering others hope, through his light and his example :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. This is a deck I have been thinking about for a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing more from it on your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi PLN,

    I think it's a rather fun deck! Will be interested to hear what you think by the end of the week...

    ReplyDelete