Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Boxed In?

A somewhat strange card today from the Ferret Tarot (Elaine Moertl, 2003).

While this Two of Wands certainly gives the sense of looking out at the world, I find it a little confusing to have three ferrets and no wands in the image.  Still, I like the fact that two of the ferrets are looking out from the safety of a box, looking fairly relaxed, while the ferret on the outside looks somewhat more trepidatious.

This speaks to me of the fact that it is easier to plan something from a position that feels safe.  However, it does raise the question of how realistic our feelings of safety, and our plans, may be.

Certainly, that is one of the main precepts of therapy, creating a safe place from which people can explore their emotions and their options.  Back from holiday, I start seeing clients again today.  The service having moved just a couple of weeks ago, we're still rebuilding that feeling of security.

I am grateful for anything that helps myself and my clients feel secure enough to open up to life.

2 comments:

  1. Once upon a time I nearly bought this deck. It holds up nine years later. A lot don't, and she's done her own view of things which I respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, woley, it's still in print... ;)

    ReplyDelete