Sunday, 15 April 2012

Drinking Deep

Today, the Ferret Tarot (Elaine Moertl, 2003) entreats us to drink deep of life.

In this version of the Nine of Cups I certainly see the idea of wish fulfillment, and perhaps of feeling rather pleased with yourself.  Life is offering emotional satisfaction, and this ferret is making the most of it.  Grabbing the huge cup with both paws, he glugs down its contents, greedy for all that life can offer.  However, this kind of indulgence has its dangers.  While it's certainly good to enjoy and make the most of what we are offered, too much of a good thing is still too much.

I've been trying to moderate myself, at least in terms of food, and did okay the last couple of days.  Part of that is due to having taken up a new hobby, following the dictum that idle hands are the devil's tools, or at least allow me to reach for the biscuits with far too much ease.  So in this card I see myself drinking deep of the enjoyment of a new hobby, whilst also not giving in to overindulgence of a destructive kind.  Now, let's hope I can keep it up...

I am grateful for a new interest.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your posts with this deck. :)

    It looks like fun to read with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 78mirrors,

    It is a very fun deck, glad you're enjoying it :) Wishing you a fulfilling weekend!

    ReplyDelete