Thursday, 26 April 2012

The Sixth House

I just love this card!  Today's draw from the Astrology Reading Cards (Findhorn Press, 2012) brings us the Sixth House.

Showing a woman practising yoga in the foreground, with another woman digging her garden in the background, the colours are a warm brown highlighted by gold.  This card speaks of work, health and duty, and certainly I can see the commonality between them.  Good health takes discipline, in our day and age, and many see it as being hard work. 

Yet I also see joy, both in work and in health.  Even duty offers opportunities for joy, if we realise that all our duties are ones which we choose.  That may not always be easy to see, we say "I have to do this to earn a living" or "My family insist I do that".  Honestly, though, we always have choices.  We could change our career, or trust in the universe to provide for us, go off travelling, or simply disappear from where our family is.  There are many things that stop us doing so, but accepting that these really are choices can help us embrace our duties, even when they are onerous.

I hope to fill today with a bit of each of these - work, healthy eating, exercise, and the duties of motherhood and partnership, even the duty of a therapy client - attending my sessions weekly.  All of these add to the wholeness of my life, and I shall seek joy in all of them today.

I am grateful for the joy I find in all aspects of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I like this deck from what I've seen of it. Astrology and I are on a friendly basis but I'd like to deepen that relationship. :D Seek joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arwen,

    Yes, I'd like to know more about it, which was one of this deck's draws for me. I got some pretty interesting three card readings from it, combining a planet, zodiac sign and house. And I think the images are very beautiful! As for joy, I'm seeking it ;)

    ReplyDelete