Thursday, 5 April 2012

Three Pillars

The Steampunk Tarot. Text by Barbara Moore,
artwork by Aly Fell. © 2012, Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. 2143 Wooddale
Drive. Woodbury, MN 55125. All rights reserved. Used by permission of the
publisher.
The Steampunk Tarot (Llewellyn, 2012) today offers us the Three of Wands.

I think this is a great version of this card!  No merely decorative wands these, the man is actually using them to form a tripod for his telescope.  They also hold beacons to signal to the ships in the distance.  Add to that the fact they represent the three pillars of his credo "clarity of vision, strength of will, and unshakeable determination" and you really have a winning combo, symbolically speaking

For me, this card is all about setting things in motion, watching the results, and then tweaking what you're doing.  Or as Barbara puts it: "This is not simply waiting for dreams to come true.  This is active waiting, with active being the key word."

Today is our first full day abroad, and we shall have to get to know our environs, deal with logistics (shopping for basics as it's a self-catering cottage), and figure out what we want to do while we're here.  Reconnaissance and planning are definitely our first priority, and that's what I see in this card today.  Hope there's not too much waiting to be done - we have enough queues back home!

I am grateful for the space to step back and survey my situation.

3 comments:

  1. What a great three of Wands Card! This card seems to me to also be showing confidence, excitement and trust in the decisions that have been made. I love the lights on the wands, there are no shadows of doubt here, the spy glass lets him watch the progress - he not only trusts that it will reach its destination, he actively takes part by observing its movement.

    I really should get this deck.

    I must of missed something I didn't know you'd gone away, is it a holiday or something more permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visual and description of this card! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,

    Yes, just a short holiday over Easter.

    Great take on this card - I especially like what you say about the lights - very Wandsy!

    Hi Zanna,

    Glad you like the card, it really is my favourite Three of Wands ever!

    ReplyDelete