Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Zinger

Don't you just love the expression on this guy's face!  Meet the Knight of Wands, from Elaine Moertl's Ferret Tarot (2003).

He brandishes his wand with a look of delight on his face, though I'm not convinced he knows quite what to do with it.  I love the little spirals in his soft belly fur, and the way he seems to sway to the side, as though dancing. I imagine him taking part in a hoe down, sliding to the left, delighted to be moving, part of a crowd, partying.  I can just hear him saying: "Wow, this is fun!".

When the music ends, though, he may quickly forget the dance steps, or his partner for the evening.  After all, as Air of Fire he burns both hot and fast.  So, use that energy to your advantage while you can!

I'm off on a business trip again, and could probably do with some of this Knight's energy to get me through the journey.  Or perhaps this is more about what will greet me at the other end - I'm taking the opportunity to meet up with family, including a cousin who has just had a second child.  It's easy to be enthusiastic with a young baby, at least until it's time for them to go back to their own home ;)

I am grateful for any energy I can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment