Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Ablutions

For a change of pace after yesterday's Tower, today the Magic Manga Tarot (AGM Müller, 2008) offers us what is often seen as one of the nicest cards in the deck: the Two of Cups.

This version of the card is not, perhaps, quite as sweet and romantic as some.  Instead of a couple facing each other, gazing into one another's eyes, we have a woman looking a little surprised as a man comes up from behind her, peering round her privacy screen as she performs her morning ablutions (yeah, something about the image makes my vocabulary go all old-fashioned).

For me, though, this does capture some of the nervousness of new love, or the start of any new relationship.  We want to be seen well, fear the other catching us in something we find embarassing, yet also want to share with the other, to know them and be known.

Today I'm full of nervous breathlessness, not with young love, but rather because I'm going to be doing something I have long wanted to do, yet which is a little scary.  My Dear One was given an Indoor Skydiving Experience as a Christmas present, and today is the day!  I used to want to go parachuting, but realising the very real dangers I was dissuaded.  However, this indoor variety is meant to be very safe.  Although we won't be flying through cloud, the feeling of weightlessness and wind through my hair should be the same.  Wish me luck :)

I am grateful for the excitement of the new.

4 comments:

  1. I like that version of the card. That newness. That not knowing someone properly yet. Not knowing them well enough to entirely be yourself. The screen is something we put up our self = a guard as we get to know someone. Really like this one.

    And good luck. What a great present. I bet that will be actually very relaxing, just letting yourself go to air like that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      Like your interpretation of the screen!

      As for the Indoor Skydiving, it wasn't totally a question of letting go and relaxing, but it was amazing. Will write a post about it!

      Delete
  2. Wooo! Have fun crazy lady!

    You're an air sign--a natural! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      It was super-fun. And yes, everyone said I was a natural :D

      Flying-high-hugs™,
      Chloë

      Delete