Friday, 4 May 2012

The Archer

For this last daily draw with Holly DeFount's Incidental Tarot (2012) we have yet another Arrows card, and another delightful Court card at that.

I really do like Holly's Courts, they feel more approachable than many.  This young man is a little defended, wearing a chainmail shirt under his purple and gold doublet.  Some wisdom there, though perhaps also a sense of invulnerability.  Overconfidence comes to mind.  His bow is strung, his arrow knocked, his goal in sight.  He is focused and calm, intent on his target.  Will he watch the arrow all the way there, though, or tire and look for the next object of his interest?

As for me, I recognise my own tendency to sudden enthusiasms.  Still, overall I have a good record for commitment, too.  I've been blogging daily for over a year and a quarter now, for one thing!  However, with things I love less I don't always see them through.  Maybe, though, even just starting is better than not doing anything... A pile of filing awaits me, will today be the day I tackle it?

I am grateful for targeted enthusiasm, and for abiding passions.

***UPDATE***
This is the pile of paperwork I sorted through and threw out this morning!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this deck. Such beautiful images and I am attracted to the renamed courts.

    Congrats on your blog committment. So many people cannot keep this up, especially with such regularity. It just goes to show that a little bit consistently builds something large and powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PLN,

    It really has become a firm favourite of mine, much to my surprise. Expect to see me using it in other readings from time to time :)

    As for the blog commitment, sometimes I think I should be concentrating on other things, but I really enjoy it ;)

    Hope you have a great Bank Holiday weekend!
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete