Sunday, 20 May 2012

Broken Sword

©Ricardo Minetti & Anna Lazzarini
Another Court card greets us today from the Manga Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2006).

I adore this Queen of Swords!  Just look at those swooshing robes in blending tones of communicative blue, emblazoned with flowers and butterflies :)  I'm not sure what to make of her strange, five-pointed headdress: could it be an Asian version of the Pentagram?  In her hands a broken sword: she does not put absolute truth ahead of human compassion, and wields her discernment with kindness rather than a heavy hand.  She is able to communicate harmoniously, and works towards positive transformation for herself and others.

I guess, ill-dignified I might interpret that broken sword as her not standing by her own truth, or shattering other people's ideas with the harshness of her comments, or not being able to handle the truth.

Today, I am going to do my official christening duty for a new god(dess) child.  I am glad to say that the father, a friend from University, has said he's happy for me to talk to his daughter about alternative spiritual beliefs as and when the time is right.  In return, today I must officially renounce evil in a church ceremony.  Not too hard ;D  I feel that I can stand by my own truth here - I do renounce evil - and that I will be able to communicate honestly with my goddaughter when she is old enough to decide for herself.

I am grateful for friends who appreciate my honesty and difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment