Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Chill-Out

The Sun and Moon Tarot (U.S. Games, 2010) has a very laid back feel to it today.

A figure rests atop four swords, balancing perfectly calmly like an extreme bed-of-nails yogi.  I love the huge, blue sky, suggesting the vast potential of the mind, and the possibility of deep, all-encompassing calm.  I imagine lying there, feeling as though I was floating in clouds, warmed by the sun, rocked by the breeze, at peace.

I am reminded by this card that taking some calm time, even during the most hectic of days, does not require a full vipasana retreat, or a spa day.  We can achieve this with some calm breaths and a few moments of meditation.  Though, of course, if you can take longer and do something amazingly relaxing, pampering and/or meditative, then all the better.  Most of us live in the world, which goes at a breakneck pace and demands a lot of us.  And so we need these moments to prepare us for the rest of our life.

That is certainly something I shall try to incorporate into my day - some meditation, and perhaps some yoga.  I have a presentation to prepare for next week, but I'm sure it will be all the better for me coming to it from a place of relaxation :)

I am grateful for meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment