Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Corn Queen

It isn't yet the season for the Corn Queen and King, being Beltane, but that is what this card from Holly DeFount's Incidental Tarot (2012) makes me think of.

A warm, auburn-haired, curvy and very pregnant woman in an orange dress is framed by the sun.  She wears a corn crown and holds more corn and some flowers in her arms.  The upper corners of the card are also decorated with flowers.  I love this version of the Empress.  She looks so welcoming and happy, and abundance just shines from her. 

Representing creativity, motherhood and nurturing, she does fit well with Beltane, I think.  As a Spring festival, it is all about new growth and beginnings, hoping for future harvests, and about the creativity to make those new endeavours grow.

This card feels very relevant to me on lots of levels today.  I am seeing a client whose mother died, so clearly motherhood, and how he sees me are relevant themes.  Also, I have been creating some new things (not just knitted tarot bags) and this makes me think about what other projects I would like to put my energy into.  I also really need to ring my mum - we spoke briefly at the weekend, but I promised I would call back and haven't yet!  Finally, there is the fact of being Big Boy's mother, which brings its own challenges and delights every day.

I am grateful for the welling of creative energy in my life.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Can't wait to hear what your other projects are, Chloe!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali,

    Some are work-related, others are crafty, but I'm enjoying them all :)

    Hope you're having a creative week!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete