Saturday, 19 May 2012

Sea of Emotions

©Ricardo Minetti & Anna Lazzarini
This week, I will be drawing from the Manga Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2006) by Riccardo Minetti and Anna Lazzarini.

This first draw was done totally randomly, but fortuitously it gives us a direct comparison with last week's Magic Manga Tarot (AGM Müller, 2008). Here we meet the King of Cups, and I personally prefer this version.  He doesn't seem like a child, for one thing!  Besides, I like the fact that, with bubbles floating up around him, he seems entirely immersed in his element.  He does not fear emotion, nor sulk and pout about it, instead drinking deep of life.  On the negative side, ill-dignified or reversed, he may have a tendency to drown his sorrows in alcohol or other pursuits designed to mask emotions.

As for me, after a couple of days this week when I gave in to chocolate cravings, I see here encouragement to explore the emotions that led to that, and deal with them more appropriately!

I am grateful for pathworking as a means to explore and understand my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment