Saturday, 23 June 2012

Communication

©Beth Wilder
This week, I want to try a variation of last week’s comparative draws.  This time, though, it isn’t two versions of the same deck (given there aren’t that many of those around, though I may pull some others out), but rather two decks of the same genre.  In this case, faery tarots.  The two decks for this week are Twilight Realm: A Tarot of Faery (Schiffer, 2007) by Beth Wilder, and the Faerie Tarot (U.S. Games, 2007) by Nathalie Hertz.

For this first draw, the Three of Swords rears its ugly head.  In the Twilight Realm we see a dragon jealously guarding its treasure, a pile so large we can barely make out individual items as they merge into a sea of gold.  Meanwhile, another dragon flies off into the night, in the sky beyond the cave mouth.  Has the main dragon we see chosen treasure over love?  And which of the two will end up more heartbroken in the long run?

©Nathalie Hertz
The Faerie Tarot, on the other hand, offers us a pretty, blonde faery who seems to have been gathering wood.  She looks downcast, though.  Is it because she has to complete this task alone, with no companion to  make the time pass faster?  Did she maybe have a boon companion, who is no longer with her for some reason?  Her dress is pink, colour of romantic love, while her sleeves are red, colour of passion, and her shawl is purple, colour of wisdom and royalty.  I read her as seeming romantic and demure, yet sometimes her actions reveal her depth of emotion which, in her wisdom, she may try to keep under wraps.

Interestingly, despite being very different, in both of these I see the idea of regret for actions which have distanced us from a loved one.  Being the suit of swords, the suggestion might be to try communicating to resolve the issue.

Hmm, second time the Three of Swords has shown up for me in the last seven days, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as at least one of the heartaches I was aware of continues unabated.  I shall take my own advice, and try communicating to resolve the issue!  Wish me luck *crosses fingers*

I am grateful for the help of therapy to process my emotions so I can speak about them without attacking the other.  (Not that I always manage this, but writing it will hopefully help manifest it!)

2 comments:

  1. This Twilight Faery one has been in my mind for a long time. When Shaheen and I were in London, I very nearly bought it. It really pulled me in. It was just a few of the cards which didn't sit with me. But I love the blackness of the cards and the colours etched into those dense dark backgrounds. It's one that I am always on the fence with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PLN,

    I agree, there are a few cards that don't really work for me, and sometimes the art is a little weak. On the other hand, some cards are just amazing. Anyhow, I'm a sucker for most things tarot, and glad to have it in my collection :) I'll be interested to hear what you think by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete