Sunday, 10 June 2012

Crabby Couple

A somewhat more bloody image today from the Zombie Apocalypse TaROT (Joe Frost, 2012).

In this version of the Five of Swords, we see a Zombie couple.  He strides purposefully towards us, while she seems to struggle to hold herself together, yet drags herself after him anyway.  What I see is the kind of humiliation apparent in abusive relationships.  Traditional interpretations of this card include humiliation, defeat, and the question of whether winning at any price is worth it.  What I see is the kind of humiliation apparent in abusive relationships.  She will follow him through anything, including rotting and dropping body parts, it would seem.  And I imagine him feeling a victor, yet all he has won is an eternity with someone who doesn't respect herself, or him.

I'm hoping this card isn't representative of feeling defeated by our return home.  Last time my Dear One and I went away for a weekend, coming home to Big Boy being ill ruined all the benefits of some time away resting and relaxing.  Fingers crossed that won't be the case this time!

I am grateful to be in a relationship where I feel valued and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment