Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Creative Direction

Today, I met up with a friend I hadn't seen for nearly a year.  We talked about what has been going on for us during that time, and interestingly we had some common experiences, despite not having talked about them before.  One of the things it got me thinking about is how I want to express myself creatively.  I've been feeling a little stuck in a rut with this blog, and I'm not sure if that's just because I've been tired, or if there's something deeper.  So, next week I'll try something a bit different on here, and see how it works out.

And of course, when I got home I also did a reading for myself on it.  I used the Fifth Tarot (Blue Dolphin, 2010), which I really enjoyed exploring last week, but which feels like it has so much depth I need to spend more time with it.  I also like its spiritual focus.  Anyhow, I did my favourite simple three card draw, and these were the results:

Situation - Eight of Stones:  I have a lot of creativity, but there is that "practice makes perfect" "you have not yet mastered this craft" aspect to this card.  I also notice that the craftsman isn't just making one item of jewellry, but rather all different types.  So, something about creative experimentation within a genre, but not sticking to a single format, which is definitely what I've been thinking about.

Don't - Seeker of Feathers (Page of Swords):  The sense I get with this card is that I shouldn't try to rationally figure everything out, to assess and strategically plan my next move.  Trying to keep the big picture in mind, I may lose sight of what I actually want at a human, day-to-day level, and then I lose my passion and joy.

Do - Cosmic Man (Hanged Man):  This card is connected to the element of water, which is made very clear in this version where he seems almost to dive into the waters beneath him.  That, combined with the "hanging" angle suggests that I need to wait and see.  More than that, I need to allow my next step to emerge organically from my unconscious, by listening to my emotions, and allowing time for this creativity to gestate.

Okay, so, try something new next week and see how things go and how I feel about it - can do ;)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what is next. How about a series of you doing yoga positions that would be the various cards? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Arwen, I've toyed with something like that, and I did a few "this pose makes me think of this card" posts in the past, but it can be quite a tough call. Something rather more prosaic and tarot-based for next week :)

      Delete