Saturday, 9 June 2012

Dehydration

Today begins a week of draws with the dark yet humorous Zombie Apocalypse TaROT (Joe Frost, 2012).  This self-published deck is available through Game Crafter, and would be a good deck for extremely creepy Hallowe'en readings :)

This card, the Sun, is quite subtle.  There is no gore, just a rather tattered, dehydrated-looking Zombie stumbling along under the burning sun.  The sense I get is that of the Sun reversed, drawing into focus the possibilities of burnout, feeling overwhelmed, or drained by too much of a good thing.  When we are in a weakened state, or in poor health, then having fun, acting happy, and new beginnings generally, can feel more of a challenge than a pleasure.

For myself, I'm hoping for an upright Sun kind of day ;)  A massage, a swim, yoga, nice food, and some couple-time with my Dear One - what could be better?

I am grateful for some time away.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm probably just a pervert, but it seems almost like the guy is orgasming. He doesn't seem zombie-like to me. Laugh. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      You're entitled to your viewpoint, no need to apologise ;) And now that you've said it... ;D

      Delete