Thursday, 21 June 2012

White Dove

The Ace of Swords flies into view today, from the Gilded Tarot Royale (Ciro Marchetti, 2012) and the original Gilded Tarot (Llewellyn, 2004).

In theRoyale, a sword with two blue jewels in its pommel floats with its blade pointed down at a slight angle to the right, while its sheath floats behind it pointed slightly to the left.  Two golden chains dangle from the sheath, with Ciro's initials hanging from them.  The incorporation of his initials into all the cards is a new element in this revisioned version of the deck (have you spotted them everyday so far?)  Behind the sword and sheath, a white dove is caught mid-flight.

A blue thread seems to tie a purple and indigo ribbon to the sword's hilt, and written on it in orange is "A bon droit".  This translates as by right, lawfully, or with good reason.  For example, in the tale of King Arthur pulling Excalibur from the stone, these words may have been used in some versions to say that whomever pulled the sword from the stone would be the rightful King.

This card suggests to me a new idea, and that with good reason we should take it up.  In modern terms, you've had a thought, at it's a doozy :D  The dove, with the connection to messages both mundane and spiritual, implies communication.  Perhaps a time to say something straight up, but in a way that will keep the peace?

In the Gilded, the two main differences are the lack of dove, and the fact that the floating ribbon is longer, plain blue, and with no writing on it.  The way the ribbon flows suggests movement, and blue is the colour of the throat chakra, also linking it to communication.  The new idea or communication is still there, in a simpler (purer?) form.

What new thought will present itself today?  Perhaps it is something I will read on the Tarot Blog Hop, which published this morning on thirty five blogs from around the world!  Also, I head home this morning from my trip, and see my therapist in the afternoon - often a source of new ideas, both interesting and challenging.

I am grateful for new inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. This is interesting. Did you know there was a new moon in Gemini recently on the 19th. Perhaps this signals a new onslaught of thought, ideas and communication. I think that would be really noticeable for you, as a Gemini.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    I didn't know that - I'm not very up on my astrology and only tend to pick up on these things if someone from a tarot blog talks about it ;) Hmm, well, let's hope so!

    Hugs to you, too,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you up on your old songs? As soon as I saw the title of this post I started hearing this song in my mind:

    Running Bear (loved little White Dove)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V-9dSPb_A

    I hold you responsible!!! Aaagggghhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi woley!
      I hadn't thought of that song til you mentioned it. Now I've got it in my head! Your turn to be responsible ;) Still, I wonder if there's anything in the song that you need to hear/think about? I sometimes find, when that happens to me, there's something there... :)

      Delete