Friday, 13 July 2012

Chariot or Sedan?

©Graham & Kepple
For this final day with the Zombie Tarot (Quirk Books, 2012) and the Housewives Tarot (Quirk Books, 2004), another Major comes to play.

A car seems quite paltry protection from a hoard of ravening zombies, and I wonder whether the chap here was made foolhardily brave thinking, "well, I can always hightail it put of there".  As any watcher of horror movies knows, the car never starts when you're in a panic, and windows can be smashed to drag you out and munch on your brains!

Still, it's probably part of the Chariot's energy to have more faith in yourself than is perhaps warranted, to want to prove yourself and thereby get yourself in some tricky situations.

©Buffum & Kepple
These two Housewives seem to be in a similar situation, having grabbed a bunch of stuff - some risky, some they hope to gain from - which they now have to carry.  Although their sedan will get them home, they'll still have to carry it all into the house, and then live with the choices they made. 

However, the lady in blue does have a trick up her sleeve: the tarot!  Hopefully, having a clearer idea of what she wants, how to get it, and what it may bring her, will mean that her choices aren't quite so chancy...

So much for self-determination, I'm not even sure what I'm doing today :(  I'm supposed to meet with a friend, but still don't know when or where.  I also need to talk to my Dear One about something, but I'm not sure how to go about it.  At least for the latter dilemma I can pull my cards out...

I am grateful that some things are within my control.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! The Zombie Tarot is growing on me! The images are surprisingly "deep" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christiane,
      I agree: I didn't expect to like this deck, but it has thoroughly won me over ;D
      Have a lovely weekend,
      Chloë

      Delete