Friday, 20 July 2012

Weeee!

As I mentioned, on Wednesday my Dear One and I went indoor skydiving for the second time, first was back in May.  We both had a great time, and are thoroughly hooked: we're going again in a fortnight :D  It really is just like the sensation of flying in my dreams, only real.  And I don't suddenly wake up or change to trying to run but being unable to move, or walking through a house that has secret passages and strange little rooms ;)

Finally managed to convert the DVD format and edit it so it's just my flights.  Also added in music I like, rather than what they'd put on it.  When you're actually in the chamber, though, you have to wear earplugs under the helmet because the rushing of air is so loud.  Anyway, here you get to see me flying!  Don't laugh, it's harder than it looks, but great fun!

Edited to add, if you want to see what a true professional can do in there, check this link out: Airkix Manchester.  And if you want to hear someone explaining the moves from a newbie position, this vid is pretty cool.

5 comments:

  1. Hehe very nice!!

    That is so weird but looks very exhilarating.

    I liked the musical accompaniment you chose.

    I have one question: who is the dude in there with you?

    Is that some sort of instructor or is that your hubby?

    XOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      I guess it is pretty weird ;) As for the dude, that was our instructor, Joel. All the instructors get a minute of airtime at the end of every session, which I reckon is the only thing that makes the job worthwhile! Coaching us newb's must be a bit of a drag, day in, day out. When these pros fly, it's amazing. If you want to see what I mean, check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk11_G60ldQ&feature=plcp

      Still, it's an amazing experience, even if you can't yet dance in the air ;D

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. Prince Le Normand22 July 2012 at 12:39

    This looks fantastic ...

    (just trying out my ability to post comments)

    PLN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's cool. You know, I've never once (that I recall) had a dream about flying. I wonder what that signifies? I would probably be ill if I tried this, but it looks like you had great fun!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla,

      Now that's kinda freaky! You're the first person I've ever spoken to who doesn't dream of flying. Do you not tend to remember your dreams in general? You have me fascinated, now, I'd love to hear what you do dream about... :)

      I almost went outdoor skydiving when I was 18, but thought better of the landing/danger aspect. And I've been wanting to do this indoor version for years! I absolutely adore it - what a feeling ;D

      Cxx

      Delete