Thursday, 16 August 2012

Back to Single Daily Draws

The last two months of doing comparative posts have been fun, but also very time-consuming and tiring.  I've enjoyed seeing decks interacting, but I've been struggling to keep up with my daily posts, and thought about giving up almost every week for the last month or so. 

Drawing from the Incidental Tarot (Holly DeFount, 2012), which is still my favourite deck of this year, I pulled three cards to look at this, and the message seems pretty clear:


I need a new start that will allow me to feel better at a physical level (less tired) and spiritually (more at peace).  I shouldn't try to merge two different ideas any more.  Rather, I need a change, to let myself refind my flow in a way that feels good to me at every level. 

So, as of Saturday I will go back to doing my daily draw with a single deck.  I may try to do some more comparative posts, but make them about a single card from multiple decks, as I did sometimes in the past.  I hope that way I will have the energy again to do more readings and videos!

Coincidentally, the last post on the Incidental Tarot blog as I write this is on the Triskelion card :)

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty deck! I don't blame you at all! I can see how the comparative posts would be time-consuming! Onward and upward! I often feel the need for short posts, so I understand this. For me it's more of a mood thing, usually, more so than anything else. Hah! I guess I'm just a moody person. ;D

    I may have to use this three card reading for a few questions soon. I like straightforward readings. Sometimes I get confused when I try to do something more involved, or just with more cards. It loses the impact.

    Have a lovely end-of-week!

    Wheel o' Fortune Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      I really adore this deck :) As for the spread, I've seen it called different things: it's basically the Pathway Spread - situation, action to avoid, action to take - but written in a shorter form ;) I highly recommend it!

      Hope you have a great end-of-week, too, and weekend :)

      Going With The Flow Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. Hope you get your energi and a better psycial level soon! Love to read your blog and learning from it! Namaste and Big Hug to you<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      Thanks, I am feeling better already - just deciding helps :)

      Namaste and hugs to you, too :)
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. I've admired your dedication, but my 2cents I like the single card posts. all the best, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharyn,

      Thanks for the feedback. I did think it might be a bit much for folks to read - I know we all have other things to do. It's just I did enjoy it. Still, time to move on :)

      Chloë

      Delete