Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Falling Star

©Stella Kauruko
Another charming card greets us today from Stella's Tarot (AG Muller, 2008).  This time, it is a rather hopeful Nine of Wands, connecting us subtly with the Star's energy.

Instead of an injured figure looking rather overwhelmed next to a row of wands, here we have someone who seems well-dressed and quite comfortable, with his sunny yellow hat, lace at his nech, and golden wrist cuffs and belt.  He has gone that step further, digging a hole, or maybe a whole underground complex, to keep him safe.

At this moment, though, he is being tempted to return to the world, to hope and trust.  A star falls, glimmering with magical sparkles, right into his up-turned palm.  And the sun seems about to rise on the far horizon.  On top of that, around one of the wands a snake twines, suggesting that transformation is just around the corner.

Although we may have created a safe, defended position for ourselves, this card invites us to open up a little, to bring new hope to our lives.

Yesterday was pretty crappy, all told.  In my therapy, I relived something that happened over three years ago, which I didn't realise had traumatised me.  Dealing with it in the moment, I just had to get on with things, but looking back...  Then Big Boy got sick again, and dinner got cold as we held him while he projectile vomited, and remade his bed.  Oh, and my retail therapy?  I walked past a gorgeous chocolate shop straight after my therapy session! *doh*

Still, I feel some new hope as a day stretches in front of me with no deadlines or appointments.  Just a chance to enjoy reading a novel, and going with whatever plans I come up with.  I have a few in mind, involving decks and crystals ;D 

I am grateful for a day of relative peace.

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear, yesterday was definitely one of those days for you. I hate days like that. I had one the other week. It becomes like a comedy of errors.

    But I adore these cards. I have Stella's Tarot and I think they are just magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      I hadn't thought of it as a comedy of errors, but you're not wrong ;) Sorry to hear you've recently had a day like that, too! Still, today is shaping up pretty well :D

      I first saw these cards over on Magic Mentha's blog (one of her MyDivination posts) and loved them. I was so chuffed when a set came up for sale from a fellow TABI member! You're right, magical is a great description of them :)

      Hope you're having a good day, too.
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you to The Super Sweet Blogging Award!
    Check out the rules here http://jexstar.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Jess! I'm with you all the way on the chocolate ;) Will get on it :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you need a nap, a hug, a martini and some yoga time. Not necessarily in that order, you understand. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I removed my comment because I realised it was irrelevant , as the time had already past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      I'm sorry you removed the comment, I thought it was beautiful and pertinent. I loved what you said about the seven-pointed star being connected with wholeness and renewal! I also think you're right about being challenged to open up to change...

      Cx

      Delete
  6. If I'd known you'd liked it, I would have left it LOL - anyway I hope things are going much smoother for you now ^__^ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't respond on the day - I had my mum and stepdad visiting, so didn't get much time on-line. Cxx

      Delete
    2. No need to apologise it's just that I re-read your post and noted that it was all passed, so thought my comment was irrelevant that's all. ^__^

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Helen. Actually, they are. There will be more bumps along the way, I'm sure, but for today I'm feeling pretty good :) Cxx

      Delete