Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Imperial Topaz

©Permutt & Garner
What a beautiful, cheerful card for this August day!  The Crystal Tarot (Cico Books, 2010) and the Herbal Tarot (U.S. Games, 1978) offer us the Sun, bright and warm.  Though the weather outside doesn't match - it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy most of the day here :(

I adore this image from the Crystal Tarot, so gorgeously child-like and full of delight.  A child stands in a field, with four sunflowers reaching for the bright sun that dominates the sky.  Beautifully sparkling imperial topaz lies at the feet of the flowers, and there is a feeling of growth and abundance to the card, as well as warmth. 

Imperial Topaz, according to the book: "brings illumination and enlightenment to your mind: a universal connection to everything and a feeling of oneness."  It is also said to bring "mental energy, creative thoughts, and ideas, helping you manifest your goals."

©Tierra & Cantin
The Herbal Tarot version of the Sun is very different.  A huge Angelica dominates, with a yellow sun in the background with red sunbeams that end in hands, one of which holds an Ankh.  I'm sure there's symbolic history and significance here, perhaps even written about by Jung.  No mention is made of it, though, in the LWB, and I couldn't find it with a quick search.  Sadly, I don't have time for more today...

As for the Angelica connection, it is a stimulant which "warms the blood and promotes circulation, and counteracts rheumatic problems and body stiffness."  So, bringing back a sense of vibrancy - nice!

I really hope I get some of that warm sun energy, after the last two difficult days!  Yesterday, the person we had looking after my son dropped him on his face, leaving him with a shiner.  Then, she was so distraught she quit (though I reassured her that accidents happen).  Now I may have to take the week off work!  Perhaps what I have here is the Sun/son connection, saying I should just make the most of spending time with him :/

I am grateful for arnica cream.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, sorry to hear about your son's accident and the trouble with his carer. Hope things go well for you today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla,

      Well, I'm exhausted, but we found someone to take over tomorrow, so fingers crossed... :)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! Sounds very stressful. I was hoping you'd have a better day...maybe today?!

    Oye. I think a lot of people are going to be having a chaotic time at the tail end of this mercury retrograde. It seems to have been a doozy. My husband's had the craziest time at work lately. He got called 35 times when he was on call this past time. He says he has never been called that much (he's been working there for more than a decade) and that usually an on call with lots of calls is half that number. The good news is...that means more money for us, even though it meant less sleep with all the calls at all hours.

    Sorry, that was a bit of an unnecessary ramble. What I'm hoping is that you find a super awesome sitter for your son and that it resolves in your favor. Sorry about his accident! I'm glad it wasn't a really serious accident, too. I always get nervous that something awful will happen to Pele--that she'll get a head injury and start seizing or something (ugh!) but the good thing about kids is that they are surprisingly resilient.

    Hugs and Soothing Sun Energy,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds incredibly stressful. Being on call is bad enough, but double the normal busy time calls must have been incredibly manic!

      I guess I can blame the problems with the carer on Merc Rx, as it's also to do with communication. I think my Dear One scared her off, after I'd spent a while saying it was understandable, and I was sure it'd be fine. He practically bellowed, "Well, it won't happen again, will it?!" :D

      I think I'm less anxious about Big Boy. I've had a few panics, like when he wasn't breathing at night, or when he had febrile convulsions. But with everyday stuff I don't sweat it too much. I figure wrapping them in cotton wool isn't the answer, either. Still, it's a tough balance sometimes...

      Hope things have calmed down for you, too!
      Warm hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. Sorry for your son´s accident and that his carer quit! Hope she comes back ore that you find another to look after your son. And I really really hope that the sun would shine at all of us tomorrow! Here in Sweden it was sunny early in the morning but now it´s raining cats and dogs( thats what you call it when its rain alot if I dont misremember. Havent practice english more than hearing at tv since I left school years and years ago)
    Hugs and Love
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      Yes, cat's and dogs is right :) Hope you have a nicer day tomorrow, too!

      As I say, that carer isn't coming back, but we have found someone else who may even be better - it's a young man, which is quite unusual, but good for a young boy to have another male influence in his life.

      By the way, please do email me your address for those DVD's :D
      Love and Light,
      Chloë

      Delete