Friday, 24 August 2012

Research

©Stella Kauruko
For this last day drawing from Stella's Tarot (AG Muller, 2008), I pulled the Seven of Swords.

This is quite an unusual take on the card.  No figure sneaks away with a stash of swords.  Rather, a man sits at a table, as though studying.  In front of him are a candle, a book, a scroll, some calipers, and a globe.  Swords radiate out behind him - his thoughts directed out to the world from where he sits - and his studying has drawn to him a red star, symbol of hope and new direction.

Of course, if we want to see the traditional meaning of sneakiness, deception or theft, that's still possible.  He could be a magician, drawing somebody else's star to him through his wily ways.  Even then, it would have an aspect of "working smarter, not harder" to it :)

There are a couple of things I need to research soon, though I'm not sure I'll get around to them today.  However, just deciding what it is I need to research is already a start...  I'm also meeting up with a friend for lunch, and she'll hopefully return a couple of my books, which I might need for my dissertation.

I am grateful for the internet, powerful research tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment