Thursday, 23 August 2012

Slow and Steady

©Stella Kauruko
As we approach the end of the week, a Court card comes a-calling from Stella's Tarot (AG Muller, 2008): the calm and practical Knight of Disks.

 I notice the way this Knight's horse walks towards the future calmly.  Unlike many Knights of Wands or Swords, there is no gung-ho charging into whatever may come, but rather a steady pace that covers the ground.  Moving like this allows the Knight of Disks to pay attention to his surroundings, and certainly he seems more intent on them than on the coin that floats above his up-raised hand.  He seems to say: "Good fortune will come if you pay attention to the practical details of what's going on, and move forward steadily."  No emotional outbursts, quick-fire comments, or passionate activism for him, he sticks with reality and just gets on with stuff.

For a long time, I didn't really appreciate this Knight's energy.  To me, he seemed rather plodding and, dare I say, boring.  However, a recent post by Ali over at This Game of Thrones changed my perspective :)  This kind of practical groundedness definitely has it's benefits: he gets things done, without fuss, and they stay done!

After yesterday's day off, I woke up feeling the need to get back on the horse, so to speak.  In fact, I started thinking about what I need to make a start on if I want to research and write my Masters Dissertation.  I've pretty much ignored it for the last month or more, but now it feels like I should get going again.  It won't be something quick - a dissertation is a long, slow process.  So, this Knight's energy will be a good one to draw on for the whole process!

I am grateful for the endurance to see projects through.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same as you about this King, he looks boring. But maybe that´s because I need some of his energi. I have a lot of things that I need to get done with and right know I just push them to the future..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      Yes, I think it's easy to overlook the power of this guy. Hope you managed to get lots done :)

      Delete