Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Topsy Turvy

©Stella Kauruko
Today's card from Stella's Tarot (AG Muller, 2008) is another card from the Swords suit - the Five.

A cat looks on smugly as two other figures walk away.  Two swords still lie on the floor abandoned, while the cat holds three in his green-gloved hands.  He wears an ornate outfit, with a pentacle-decorated flower emblem on his chest and lace at his throat.  I love the amazing clouds that roil above, looking almost more like waves.  And the land is blue as the sea, shaped like rolling dunes.

With this card, I get a sense of things being topsy-turvy.  The cat is smug while the people have to give up their plans; the sky above is more like the sea below; and our footing is uncertain, as we walk a land that is an unnatural colour.  This card speaks of how we feel when our plans have gone awry, when our ideas no longer fit our circumstances, and we're not quite sure how we got to where we are.

My day is a little strange - I'll be seeing my therapist, who I normally see on Thursdays.  I'll probably be off kilter all week ;)  And plans going awry will certainly be a topic of discussion.  Not that anything has gone seriously wrong, just a few things that have left me feeling uncertain of where I am.  I'm sure that'll resolve in its own time, but for the moment I'm left feeling unsettled.  I may also take the time to go shopping for some clothes, long overdue.  Could put me in a better frame of mind, depending on whether or not I find some comfy trousers...  Retail therapy only works if you find something you want to buy!

I am grateful for the reminder that nothing in life is certain.


10 comments:

  1. Retail therapy works better if you're shopping for books and cards rather than clothes :)

    This is a lovely deck and not one I've come across before - thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Lisa. After all, with clothes there are all the issues of whether it makes our bum/boobs/thighs look big ;)

      I was delighted when a fellow TABI Member offered this deck for sale, I think it's utterly charming :)

      Delete
  2. Neat card. Funny that you noticed this deck when I used it from the My Divination site but I've not seen most of the cards you've used so far. I will have to go over and do some more spreads with it.

    I wish I could go shopping with you! I agree that clothes shopping can sometimes be frustrating, but hopefully you find what you're looking for. I rarely go shopping with friends. I think mostly I either go shopping alone or drag Pele with me, which doesn't always go well. Hehe. It's easier than it was a couple years ago. Less meltdowns. At least they're shorter. ;D

    Hope you're having a good day. I think it's already late afternoon or something there. I can't quite remember. Either way, I hope you're doing well.

    Big Time Tuesday Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      I'd love to have you here to go shopping with me! ;D As it was, I chickened out and only made it to a chocolate shop *doh* On the upside, some crystals I'd ordered online arrived :)

      Wednesday Insomniac Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. Hope you find both good books, a nice deck and some clothes that makes you look marvellous! Wounder why we always shops when we want to feel better? I do it but I really don´t know why:-) Are you having any tarotclass ore courses/workshops online ore by email? If not, have you ever thought about it? I would love to be teach by you but I have a little trouble to go one IRL. It´s a little bit to far away:-)
    Big Hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      I think I should have stuck to books and decks, though I tend to buy those online. I skipped the clothes in favour of chocolate - not really a good idea!

      I don't have any tarot workshops online, though I have been thinking about it... Don't hold your breath, though, it'll take me a while to pull together material, figure out how to deliver it, etc. Still, it's very nice of you to suggest, thank you!

      Big hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
  4. I'm with Lisa on the retail therapy only working with books and cards. I am hopeless with clothes too.

    I have loved Stella's Tarot since it came out and still do. I couldn't get hold of it in Canada so one of my tarot friends States side traded with me so I could get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice friend to have :D I should have stuck to books and cards, ah well...

      Delete
  5. Let us know how you do with the retail therapy. For me it either works and I find many wonderful items or find nothing and leave in frustration. Clothes shopping being the worst because I am small and there are not a lot of small clothes LOL.

    Hopefully for you it will brighten your day :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Unfortunately, you have to actually go in a shop to find clothes, but I didn't even make it that far *doh* I'm gonna have to wait til I'm in a better mood, I guess...

      Wishing you a good week,
      Chloë

      Delete