Thursday, 13 September 2012

Bungee Jumping?

©Katalin E. Csikos
Another Major comes to call today from Hazelmoon's Hawaiian Tarot (self-published, 2010).

A man dangles by one foot from a bridge over a verdant chasm.  He wears nothing but some red shorts, and seems totally unperturbed by the position he finds himself in, nonchalantly crossing one leg behind the other in the traditional pose.  His long, dark hair flows down from his head, and his arms are crossed behind it.

Altogether, this image makes me think of someone who has bungee jumped off a bridge, and is now dangling at the end of the cord, thinking about the experience.

I'm going to have some time for reflection today, as I'll be seeing my therapist.  Therapy gives me a space that feels kind of weird, yet strangely comfortable, where I can take risks and explore my experiences.  Some people wonder what there can be to talk about week in and week out, yet that's never a problem.  Life throws so much at us.  Right now, being pregnant is bringing up lots of stuff about last time round, the unpleasantness of doctors, the emotions and difficulties.  I hope exploring it will help me feel less worried this time round...

I am grateful for sometime to reflect.

2 comments:

  1. Happy counseling day!

    I keep thinking I need to go back to counseling. Maybe 2013 will be the year.

    Oh, don't go bungee jumping while pregnant! ;)

    Hope you have a swell day,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      The thing with counselling is you need time and money as well as enthusiasm/interest. While I think most people get a lot out of it, you have to make it fit with everything else going on in your life.

      And no, I won't be doing any bungee jumping, or indoor skydiving :(

      Wishing you a good night's sleep, and a good day when you wake :)
      Chloë

      Delete