Friday, 28 September 2012

Come Out Swinging!

©Dugan & Evans
For this last day with the Witches Tarot (Llewellyn, 2012) we meet another Court card - the Page of Swords.

A young man stands, sword at the ready, in a grassy meadow.  Behind him, a large fluffy cloud suggests that his perception may not be as clear as he thinks it is.  I really like his eagle pendant, which seems almost as though it's taking flight.  I notice, too, the houses off in the distance - this Page wants to break his own path, discover his own reality.  However, he may be a little hasty sometimes, taking a swing at whatever comes his way: be it an idea, a perspective, or someone talking to him.   

Hmm, I'm not sure if it's hasty, but I hope to email my research tutor this afternoon to see if he's happy for me to submit my dissertation protocol.  Which should be ready by then, as I have about an hour's more work to complete it - yay!  I guess what I see in this card in this respect is mainly my battle-readiness: proposing a dissertation to explore how people use tarot cards may not be the easiest sell... ;D

I am grateful for the enthusiasm this project inspires in me.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes--the Page of Swords. This is weird because it looks almost exactly like one of my cousins! So weird. Haha.

    Hope you're having fun with your new deck.

    XOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      Yes, I think the photo-realism of some of the images could be quite off-putting. Makes me think of the polar opposite - the International Icon Tarot ;D

      I'm now nervously awaiting the response from my tutor *crosses fingers, and toes for good measure*

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete