Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Green Queen

©Dugan & Evans
Once again, this week's deck, the Witches Tarot (Llewellyn, 2012), is behaving itself nicely!  We've had a Major, an Ace, a Minor and now a Court card, just to put it through its paces ;)

Here we meet the Queen of Pentacles.  She sits on an ornate throne with a triple back that seems almost to wrap around her.  Above her are beautiful, red roses, and she holds a bouquet of white and green tulips, honeysuckle and wheat, which are held together by green ribbons.  The green is echoed in her bi-shaded dress, and in the emeralds on her golden crown and in her necklace.  In the other hand she has a golden pentacle, and by her feet sits a brown dog.  The landscape behind her is quite mountainous, with rocks amongst the grass around her.

Everything here points to the elemental association of Pentacles with Earth.  There are also indications of this Queen's wealth, wisdom and loyalty, as well as her beauty and love.  She is a practical, dependable character, one who expresses her emotions in physical or material ways - through hugs and/or nourishing, tasty food, for instance.

I used to think of myself as mainly swords-y, but I have come to recognise my pentacles tendencies of late (could be as I have a Capricorn moon, which fits well with the association of the Queen of Pents as Water of Earth).  Certainly, I aspire to the positive traits of this Queen, and recognise several of them in myself - hugs are hugely important to me :)  Perhaps today I need to express her practicality, getting on with stuff, and her loyalty - expressing my love to my nearest and dearest.  There will certainly be chances aplenty as my mum is coming to visit, and we shall spend the afternoon with Big Boy, who is off school...

I am grateful for good company.

7 comments:

  1. This is a nice version of the Queen of Pentacles and a bit of a welcome change!

    I definitely think you have those earthy and nurturing qualities in addition to the airy stuff. What is your ascendant?

    Anyway--I hope you're having a good time with your mom, and hoping Big Boy is doing well at school.


    Earthy Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      Yes, I do rather like this Queen of Pents :)

      As for my ascendant, I'm a double Gemini - rising and ascendant - so a lot of air. But I figure the Capricorn moon is a strong balancing factor...

      My mum won't be over for another 7 hours, and Big Boy has no school til the 8th of October! Long and stupid story about the school being rebuilt, and currently delayed by 4 months *doh*

      Anyway, I shall try to forget about that annoyance, and focus on enjoying the time with family.

      Earthy Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. Oh really!?!

      Sorry. That sounds pretty annoying. I had no idea that when you said 'delay' that you meant HUGE delay. I guess it is almost October. I am getting confused that September is almost over. Jeez Louise!

      How cool. Double Gemini! I have a stellium in the 3rd house (Gemini-ruled) so I feel like a 'mini Gemini' sometimes, but not quite. Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury and South Node in the 3rd house. Oye! I have a need to communicate--and have four siblings...I know there's a rulership of siblings with the 3rd house.

      My husband is a double Libra. I appreciate the airiness--I need it with my double Sag daughter and my own fire nature. Plus my family has tons of Aries, Sag and the like.

      Oh the time difference--hehe I always figure I'm a day off whenever I post a comment regarding your day's activities. :D

      Hoping family time goes as smoothly as possible!

      Mega Minty Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Bah, stupid builders! I will not rant, I will not rant...

      Anyway, I don't understand all that much about astrology - what is a stellium in the 3rd House? I shall probably just take your word for it that it makes you a mini-Gemini ;)

      We have a gorgeous hand soap that is peppermint and lemon, so:
      Peppermint and Lemony Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
    4. Hehe--don't worry.

      I know a LOT less about astrology than it sounds. I'm nowhere near an advanced student. In fact, I'm not sure if it's technically a stellium because it has to be a certain number of degrees from the other planets in the chart. I'm too bad at math to find out if that's true or not. Laugh!

      Well anyway...oooo thank you! I love awesome smelling soap!

      Bouquet of flowers hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. Gosh you guys, all I know is I'm Aquarius. I don't know how many times I've tried to read books on astrology, and I just can't seem to make myself learn any of it. I don't even know what all this 'rising' and 'ascendent' and so on means. And apparently because no one knows the exact time of my birth, I can never have an accurate chart done. Hmph.

    So how was the afternoon with mum? Did Big Boy get to see any doubledecker buses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking I "ought" to understand more about astrology, but like you, my brain seems to fritz when I try reading books about it. Though I'm enjoying Alison's Alembic and Cosmic Faery Tarot where they put in astrology with tarot...

      The afternoon was good, and yes, there were doubledecker buses, at least on TV ;)

      Delete