Saturday, 22 September 2012

New Beginnings

©Dugan & Evans
It's the weekend, time to move on to a new deck.  This week I have chosen the recently released Witches Tarot (Llewellyn, 2012), by Ellen Dugan and Mark Evans.

And first out is the Fool, blithely insouciant as he walks precariously along a cliff edge, his dog running before him.  This deck sticks very closely to the RWS, but with subtle witchy twists such as the Pentacle clasp on his knapsack.  I notice the darned patch on his trousers, suggesting that he does not always escape unscathed from his adventures.  Yet he continues on, nevertheless, willing to trust in life.

I feel a definite need for some of that faith in life today, my first day as officially no longer pregnant.  There are so many choices to make, possibilities to explore.  For today, though, I think I shall just try to smell the flowers and enjoy the sunshine (especially as heavy rains threaten for tomorrow after ten days of Indian Summer).  A dear friend is coming to visit this evening, so I shall make the most of that, too :)

I am grateful for new beginnings.

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful visit with your friend with some self-nurturing or whatever else sounds good.

    Weekend hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      We did have a wonderful visit, though I feel like such an old lady - in bed by 10pm ;)

      Hope you had a good weekend, too!
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. I guess it is those patches that make up the trousers we wear, yeah?

    I keep seeing this deck about online. Not sure what I think just yet, so your posts will help with that. I see some nice images, but then a few that seem a bit too 'fantasy' for me. I love this Fool, but find the dog breed a strange choice. Any reason for it, do you know? Maybe the artist's dog.

    I don't want to drown you in sympathy, but I am thinking of you all Chloe. I hope that your friend's visit and the sunshine is some good medicine. The sun is pouring through my window here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      To be honest, I'm not quite sure what I think of this deck, either. Some cards are lovely, others I don't like that much, and it is very much a RWS clone...

      Thank you for the sympathy. And wasn't the sunshine on Saturday lovely! Feels very distant, now :(

      Wishing you a great week,
      Chloë

      Delete