Saturday, 8 September 2012

Palm Trees

©Katalin E. Csikos
This week I decided to draw from HazelMoon's Hawaiian Tarot (Self-published, 2010), by Katalin E. Csikos.  This deck renames the suit of Wands, which become Sticks, and Pentacles, which become Lava Stones.  The Courts are alsom renamed, as are some of the Majors, as we may see later in the week...

For this first draw, I got the Ten of Sticks (Wands).  Ten palm trees loom above us, silhouetted by a waning moon (at least I think it is, may be different in that part of the world).  The image (which is a bit darker in the flesh) makes me feel a bit small and overwhelmed, which I guess captures the Ten of Wands rather nicely.  There's certainly a feeling of not being able to see the wood for the trees ;)

This card makes me think of something my therapist said on Thursday.  He said that, given I'm pregnant and that there are added medical complications, I should really take things easy.  He went so far as to suggest I should make my Dear One my minion for the next nine months :D  While I don't see that happening, I do acknowledge that I need to prioritise, and learn to either delegate or say no to things.

I am grateful for the ability to say, not today!

4 comments:

  1. Aww!

    Pobrecita! I would be your minion if I was closer!

    I hope you have a calming day.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, dear heart, you are kind! Especially as you could really do with having a minion yourself :D

      I mentioned it to my Dear One, and he said he'd happily be my minion, but that I'd have to take care of my blogs myself ;) Fair do's!

      Abrazos,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. I hope your capable of taking it easy and say no when it´s necessary. We women and witches usually have some trouble with that. Take care of you and have a lovely evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jess, it's a common problem for women, taking on too much. I did quite well yesterday, and am taking good care of myself.
      Wishing you a good weekend,Cx

      Delete